The best business advice, opinion, news and expertise in Greater Manchester and further afield.

Thursday, 3 November 2016

Member Blog: If you can think it, you can automate it

Automation isn't coming for your job. It's coming to make it better. Here, Howard Williams, marketing director of business process automation provider Parker Software, explains how to automate office efficiencies to better support both customers and employees.

As robotic technology becomes increasingly sophisticated — and increasingly affordable — fear is growing that humans will soon meet with mass unemployment. Every day, the business world hears fresh warnings that automation is claiming jobs across the board. With so much fuel added to the fire, automation anxiety is sweeping the professional landscape.
In truth, automation should be welcomed rather than feared. It won’t replace human roles – it will better support them. A McKinsey study highlighted that less than 5% of jobs could be fully automated — meaning that supporting employees, not swapping them with machines, is what’s needed. In offering this level of support, automation can actually open opportunities.

For example, research has shown that the average office employee only spends 45% of their time on primary job duties. The other 55% of the time, they’re tied up with secondary tasks like emails, meetings, admin and general ‘interruptions.’  The plain truth is that we’re all wasting our working days on lesser chores, without any other alternatives.
That’s where automation software becomes invaluable. Where once office workers would spend extended periods of time occupied by administrative processes, such as updating central databases or answering customer queries, these time-consuming activities can now be automated with software to streamline the working day.

By removing the need for business professionals to perform repetitive, frustrating tasks, business process automation software can support the workforce – freeing up time to focus on the bigger picture. In doing so, company, customer, and employee alike benefit.
To demonstrate this, we’ve created the infographic below. Highlighting various ways to automate office efficiencies, the infographic demonstrates the cost benefits of staying close to customers via smarter technology applications.

In a world where the average business wastes a total of four weeks a year on slow technology costing around £2,100 per employee — these cost benefits cannot be emphasised enough.


  1. Hi everyone!!!

    I'm so excited share this testimony here about how i got my ex husband back after a break up. I'm Clara 28 yr old from USA, Am a woman who love and cherish my husband more than any other thing you can imagine on earth continent. My husband was so lovely and caring after 3 years of marriage he was seriously ill and the doctor confirm and said he has a kidney infection that he needed a kidney donor, that was how I start searching for who can help, doctor has given me a periodic hour that he will live just 24 hours left, that was how I ask the doctor if I can be of help to my husband that was how he carried out the text, the confirming was successful, I was now having this taught that since 3 years now we got married I have not be able to get pregnant can I be able to get bring again? That was the question I ask the doctor, he never answer his response was did you want to lost your husband? I immediately reply no I can't afford to lose him. After the operation my husband came back to live and was healthy I was also OK with the instruction given to me by the doctor, after 3 months my husband came home with another lady telling me, that is our new wife that will give us kids and take care of us, that was how I was confused and started crying all day, that was how my husband ran away with his new wife cleanable. Since then I was confuse don't know what to do that was how I went back to the doctor and tell him everything, he told me that, this is not just an ordinary it must be a spiritual problem that was how he gave me this Email: that I should tell he all my problem that he can help that was how i contacted he and I do as instructed. After 22 hours and I have done what he ask me to do, my husband start searching for me and went back to the doctor, that was how we well settle he also told me not to worry that I will get pregnant, this month making it the fifth Month I contacted he am now 3 months pregnant. These great spell cater is a great man,
    if you have any kind of problem you can contact him here on his
    Email: or call/whataspp +2348160153829
    Save Your Crumbling Relationship

  2. I am certain this article has touched all the web visitors; it’s very extremely lovely script.
    online business opportunities for moms